- Version 4.1.1
- Created & Sold by Jeff Weeks
- Released on August 10, 2018
- File Size: 5 MB
- Price: Free!
- Age Rating: 4+
- Category Education
Description:Curved Spaces is a flight simulator for multi-connected universes. Because light itself wraps around such a space, inhabitants see their universe’s contents repeating in a crystalline pattern, like a hall of mirrors but with no reflection.
Curved Spaces is intended for undergraduates and graduate students studying 3‑manifolds, and has also found use as a research tool in topology and cosmology. Recreational math enthusiasts may instead prefer Torus Games, which offers 3D Mazes and 3D Tic-Tac-Toe in a variety of multi-connected 3D spaces, along with games on multi-connected 2D surfaces.
Acknowledgment: Many thanks to Daniela Bigatti and Mark Bell for suggesting the tilt-to-steer interface.
Release Notes:v 4.1
- Updated for iOS 11 and 12
- Faster tiling and culling algorithms
- Ignores random vibrations when phone or tablet is lying still, to avoid needless animation and save energy
- Added screenshots for iPad Pro (3rd Gen)