- Version 6.2
- Created by Objexs Limited
- Sold by OBJEXS LIMITED
- Released on January 11, 2018
- File Size: 37 MB
- Price: Free!
- Age Rating: 4+
- Categories: Travel & Reference
Description:Looksee is an augmented reality navigator used to find places of interest directly within your camera's view and add fun, knowledge and interest to your adventures and tours.
It's simple to use - you just point and go! It includes a choice of Map or Satellite Image in view and a Search function to help locate things.
Once downloaded no wi-fi or cellular network is necessary, so you can use when out and about when there is no or poor signal coverage.
This version is for Northern Ireland. The country is known for its Norman castles, glacial valleys and mountains, Celtic and Christian monuments, and coastal links golf courses. Capital city Belfast is home to the political murals of the 20th-century ‘Troubles’ conflict, and the Titanic Quarter, showcasing the redeveloped dockyards where the famous ship was built and a contemporary museum, Titanic Belfast.
We have capture major points of interest in Northern Ireland within LookSee to produced an Augmented Reality viewer to find places of interest directly on your phone camera's screen and add fun, knowledge and interest to your adventures and tours.
Once downloaded no wi-fi or cellular network connection is needed in order for it to work, so you can use when out and about where there is no signal coverage.
This version Northern Ireland version and locates places in and around the entire country. It encompasses an area with Ballycastle at its northern most edge, Crossmaglen in the south, east past Portavogie and west to Belleek. In total this is an area of around 150km2.
All areas within the region are covered including the Belfast city center, Ballymena, Coleraine, Craigavon, Derry, Dungannon, Lisburn, Newry, and Omagh
In fact there are around 4,000 places of interest viewable within the App including The Giant's Causeway, The Causeway Coast and Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, The Titanic Belfast, The Glens of Antrim, Carrickfergus Castle, Mount Stewart House and Gardens and historic Londonderry.
Categories that can be viewed and selected include Tourist Attractions, Hills, Lakes, Parks & Woodlands, Cities, Towns, Suburban Areas, Villages & Hamlets, Cafes, Restaurants, Cafes, Airports, Train & Major Bus Stations, Municipal Buildings, Places of Worship, Historic Sites and Museums & Arts.
Some of the helpful Looksee features include:
- Interactive objects (that you can touch for more information on them)
- Magic EYE (to declutter the visuals and select only objects within)
- Satellite or Map image in view (can select which or disable completely)
- Search menu (with on-screen directional arrow and indicator graphics)
- Filters menu (using which the categories of points of interest you wish to display can be easily filtered out or selected)
- Distance slider (for an interactive depth of view filter up to 10km)
- Zoom (using an on screen pinch to zoom gesture)
- Snap-shot camera (for annotating your photos)
- Video recorder for saving and sharing interesting places on social media (accessed by holding the camera icon for 1 second)
- Radar view of everything around you on map (hold face down)
So please enjoy adding interest to your outdoor adventures!
Release Notes:Added location and directional aware Satellite and Map images in view
Fixed bug with In-App purchases not authenticating from within App
Added an option so that in-app purchases can also be made directly from the App-Store