- Version 1.0
- Created by The Royal Conservatory of Music
- Sold by Royal Conservatory of Music
- Released on April 20, 2017
- File Size: 90 MB
- Price: Free!
- Age Rating: 4+
- Categories: Education & Music
Description:Designed just for kids, RCM Music Theory Prep puts a fun spin on learning the building blocks of music. Keep young musicians motivated and excited with this take-anywhere, learn-anywhere app!
Fun animation, lively narration, and engaging games keep kids entertained and focused while they learn important basics like time signatures and musical scales. And just like their other favourite game apps, reaching new levels keeps kids encouraged and motivated. Best of all, this app is part of The Royal Conservatory’s renowned system of music study specifically designed to ensure young learners enjoy the full benefits of music making.
The study of music theory:
•boosts aural awareness
•develops analytical thinking
With these invaluable skills, young musicians will gain a deeper understanding of the music they hear and play! Developing expertise in the five areas of study covered in this app build a foundation for well-rounded musical training and lifelong music making.
This app covers over 30 learning objectives to support student success at the Preparatory level of The RCM Certificate Program.
**Key Features of RCM Music Theory Prep**
-15 lessons bring music theory basics to life
-12 interactive musical games engage students
-195+ individual lesson pages specifically designed for kids
-35+ minutes of animation and narration encourage active learning
-30+ learning objectives cover 5 areas of study including pitch, rhythm, scales, chords, and musical terms
-Status screens demonstrate progress and motivate students to keep learning
-Theory concepts aligned with the RCM Preparatory Theory level
**Theory concepts covered**
Pitch and Notation
• staff • grand staff • treble clef • bass clef • bar line • measure • notes up to and including one ledger line above and below the treble staff and bass staff • notes adjacent to middle C on the treble staff and bass staff • location of notes on a keyboard diagram
• whole, half, quarter, and eighth notes and rests • 2/4 time signature • 4/4 time signature
• C major scale • A minor scale, natural form • scale degree names: tonic
• tonic triad of C major in root position, solid/blocked and broken • tonic triad of A minor in root position, solid/blocked and broken
Musical Terms and Signs
• accent, crescendo, decrescendo, forte, legato, mezzo forte, mezzo piano, piano, staccato