- Version 3.1
- Created by Teach Monster Games Ltd.
- Sold by Teach Monster Games Ltd
- Released on July 23, 2014
- File Size: 95 MB
- Price: $6.99
- Age Rating: 4+
- Categories: Education, Games, Family
Description:Teach Your Monster to Read is an award-winning phonics and reading game that’s helped over a million children learn to read.
● Covers the first two years of learning to read, from matching letters and sounds to enjoying little books.
● Designed in collaboration with leading academics.
● Complements all synthetic phonics programmes used in schools.
● Suitable for school and home use.
● Now includes all 3 games! First Steps, Fun With Words and Champion Reader!
Children create a monster and take it on a magical journey over three extensive games - meeting a host of colourful characters along the way and improving their reading skills as they progress.
The game is rigorous and works with any phonics scheme so it’s perfect for use in school and at home. It’s developed in collaboration with leading academics at the University of Roehampton.
The app is commonly used in preschool, primary school, kindergarten and first grade as an interactive teaching resource.
● Complements Phases 2-5 of UK Government-approved Letters and Sounds and other major systematic synthetic phonics programmes.
● Absolutely no in-app purchases, hidden costs or in-game adverts. Perfect for kids!
● Suitable for ages 3-6.
● Designed in collaboration with reading experts from Roehampton University.
● Available on iPad and iPhone.
Reviews of the online game:
"This game is the absolute best quality phonics game I have come across for educational and fun value."
Marie Lewis, Rochdale
“My class have reaped loads of benefits from using the programme and the difference in some of their reading skills has been dramatic."
Maria Andrews, Foundation Phase Teacher
"This is a fabulous game. I'm not kidding when I say that my daughter essentially learned all her letter sounds using First steps, with relatively minimal input from me! Great for parents to practise their letter sounds too."
* Practice Mode including our brand new 10 Minute Adventure and Single Minigames
* 10 Minute Adventure: Choose letter sounds to practice in a fun and interactive new adventure mode
* Single Minigames: Choose a ‘letter sound matching’ or ‘blending and segmenting’ game with your chosen GPCs (Grapheme Phoneme Correspondences)
* Music volume controls in Settings to enable users to choose the balance between music and speech
IMPROVEMENTS AND FIXES
* Switched the first game from sheep to ducks to avoid confusion with “s” letter sound and “sh-eep”
* Polished the interface – clearer images, texts and buttons to enhance the overall appearance
* New in-game music in some mini-games to add more variety and aid in the clarity of phonemes
* More intuitive controls for the UFO and submarine mini-games
* Added Progress Maps between levels in Fun With Words and between galaxies in Champion Reader
* Fixed a word sequence in Champion Reader
* Minor bug fixes including in monster shop and on maps
* Reduced memory load in Champion Reader