- Version 3.2
- Created by Teach Monster Games Ltd.
- Sold by Teach Monster Games Ltd
- Released on July 23, 2014
- File Size: 122 MB
- Price: $6.99
- Age Rating: 4+
- Categories: Education, Games, Family
Description:Teach Your Monster to Read is an award-winning phonics and reading game that’s helped millions of children learn to read.
● Covers the first two years of learning to read, from matching letters and sounds to enjoying little books.
● Designed in collaboration with leading academics and game designers.
● Complements all synthetic phonics programmes used in schools.
● Suitable for school and home use.
● Now includes all 3 games! First Steps, Fun With Words and Champion Reader!
Children create a monster and take it on a magical journey over three extensive games - meeting a host of colourful characters along the way and improving their reading skills as they progress.
The game is rigorous and works with any phonics scheme so it’s perfect for use in school and at home. It’s developed in collaboration with leading academics at the University of Roehampton.
The app is commonly used in preschool, primary school, kindergarten and first grade as an interactive teaching resource.
PART OF THE USBORNE FOUNDATION
Teach Your Monster to Read has been created by Teach Monster Games Ltd. which is a subsidiary of Usborne Foundation. The Usborne Foundation is a charity founded by children’s publisher, Peter Usborne MBE. Harnessing research, design and technology, we create playful media addressing issues from literacy to health.
● Complements Phases 2-5 of UK Government-approved Letters and Sounds and other major systematic synthetic phonics programmes.
● Absolutely no in-app purchases, hidden costs or in-game adverts. Perfect for kids!
● Suitable for ages 3-6.
● Designed in collaboration with reading experts from Roehampton University.
● Available on iPad and iPhone.
REVIEWS FROM TEACHERS AND PARENTS
"This game is the absolute best quality phonics game I have come across for educational and fun value."
Marie Lewis, Rochdale
“My class have reaped loads of benefits from using the programme and the difference in some of their reading skills has been dramatic."
Maria Andrews, Foundation Phase Teacher
"This is a fabulous game. I'm not kidding when I say that my daughter essentially learned all her letter sounds using First steps, with relatively minimal input from me! Great for parents to practise their letter sounds too."
Release Notes:2 brand new minigames added! Play Space Goblins and Beach Party - excellent for blending and segmenting. Available in Practice mode.
The Island Kings have been brought to life with a wealth of new animations and expressions.
Multiple players can now login simultaneously (in the login-mode).
Music volume has been lowered and phoneme files changed so that letter sounds are easier to hear.
Small bug fixes, gameplay and usability improvements.